THE BENEFITS OF VITAMIN D – BY BLOGGER TY

Latest Blogs

The Secret Power of Women and the Feminine Energy

There are some hidden things in life that are hidden for good reason. And then there are others that are often...

DIY Rituals Gone Wrong: What Happens and What You Don’t Know

It is a good feeling to have the knowledge of solving your own problems. I, myself, have told clients and you readers...

Religion vs. Tradition: What’s The Difference?

Yesterday, I wrote a WhatsApp status that attracted many comments and questions. But I found one question in particular very important.

Light Energy Passes Through The Earth For The Next 3 Days!

From where I am sitting currently, a message was just passed to me that I believe that I must pass to everyone...

Here’s Why The World Is Going Back to Ancient Gods (A Full Breakdown)

Everyone can agree that the entire world has changed. It feels as though we have taken a huge...

download (5)

Hello one and all, as promised  here is the very important and informative post Ty sent in for us. I Obara Meji am so blessed to be supported by you all and by that I mean your attention/attendance here daily. I thank you for being here with me always, Charles blogging from so far (Nigeria) I appreciate you sir, E’kabo! (welcome). Each and everyone of you inspire me and cheer me up daily. Ty like all of you, is a Gem worth more than diamonds, she brighta dan ten stadium bulb and yet so humble with her brilliance.

I have learned so much from all of you God sent folks here. On this blog site you will find the proof that quality bares the best fruit than quantity. God did not send me a bunch of Bafoons/dullards, instead he sent brilliant, worthy students and teachers for us to gather together and share love, laughter, comfort, teach Nunu how fi wear heels, find MTH a mawga man wid ah hell of ah nose, pass wisdom and laugh while begging ourselves not to turn Yazzy in for the  $50.00 and a tin ah Milo dung ah Bellevue.

Cami is mi twin given away at birth, I have never seen somebody so close to me in personality, I just love you Cami, and no weapon formed against you shall prosper, de odda day yuh threatened to stay away from the blog, and I ws cool, but behind your back me Kia, Ty and Nunu wuk ah piece ah Juju pon yuh fi stop yuh from go whey and seet deh yuh come back widouuten knowing ah ting! Confession is good fi de soul, how could you leave us, no it nuh possible, we love yuh too much.

This week I have received five emails from people who loves us here on Embracing Spirituality, Caroline  from the UK, says “it is so refreshing to see wisdom mixed in with humor”, she says she loves the blog and shares it with her friends, she says  its like a good novel you just cannot put down. She is trying to get up the nerve to blog with us. We welcome you whenever you are ready.

Shana says she loves the blog and can really see how close we all are and that we love each other, she also is working on her nerves to join us, and she is welcome.

Josh says, he reads everyday and he is also learning patois as he is Caucasian but he finds the challenge very soothing and he pats himself on the back when he gets the understanding of a hard word, welcome Josh. Lorna and Maribel, Welcome. teeA  (who is Nigerian) come as you like, so the peepers are becoming a little more comfortable, and the emails are coming in.

Also the email for initiations inquiry have been coming in, so the response to the post has been good. We are progressing, our blog is growing and to Osun and Orunmila, and Olodumare we give the glory and praise…Ase!

I thank you all, Sea Queen, welcome…Spiritual Seeker we are always happy to see you. Courtney, I so appreciate you!

Today lets us learn of the great benefits of Vitamin D, information given to us by our trusted Sister TY, and trust mi, she never Google nutten, de ooman is learned! She love we and she nah guh tell we nutten wrong, Thank you Ty!

Vitamin D by TY

A few weeks ago MTH had asked me to write about winter blues. She wanted to delve more into why people got more depressed during this time of year. I can understand this concern. Who would be depressed with thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas boxing day, and new years all string together? This got me to think about vitamin D and the role it plays in our body.

Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. This means that it can be more readily stored by the body, as opposed to water soluble vitamins that are easily eliminated in your urine. There are three forms of vitamin D. The first type, vitamin D1, is made by your skin when you go out in the sun. This however is not the active form, that the body can readily use. It has to go to the liver to be hydroxylated to make vitamin D2, or  25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D], also known as calcidiol. This form is also not the active form and not readily available for use. It too has to undergo another hydroxylation. The second hydroxylation occurs in the kidneys to form 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)2D], also known as calcitriol. Vitamin D3 or calcitriol is the active form that the body can readily use.

Some of the many things vitamin D is used for are:

• calcium and phosphorous balance
  • bone growth and maintenance
  • cell growth
  • neuromuscular and immune function
  • reduction of inflammation
  • gene modulation and cancer protection ( especially colon, prostate, and breast cancer)
  • So when it is low you can imagine the devastation. You can have your vitamin D level check when you get your blood checked. And you guessed it, ask for them to check your 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D, the active form. If the levels are below 30, you should consider taking a supplement. Typically the replacement dose for adults is 2000 IU daily for six months and the maintenance dose about 400 to 800 IU daily according to your dietary intake of vitamin D.

Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to many things, some common ones are:

• depression
    • increased cancer risk
    • diabetes
    • worsening thyroid problems
    • winter blues
    • muscle aches
    • joint pains
    • osteoporosis

Foods that are rich in vitamin D include cod liver oil, salmon, tuna, yogurt, sardines, liver, eggs, and swiss cheese. Some breads, cereals, milk, and margarine are fortified with vitamin D (i.e. it is added to them). Please note that breast feed babies MUST be given vitamin D supplements for proper bone growth because breast milk does not have enough vitamin D to support health bone growth.  Also with everything, there should be balance, so please do not overdose. extremely high level can be toxic, and since it is a fat soluble vitamin, it is hard to remove toxic levels.

Ok, so now we have the basics about vitamin D, lets get to MTH’s question, winter blues. Winter blues is also called Season Affective Disorder. It can have all the symptoms of regular depression such as decreased energy, increased appetite, increased need or desire for sleep, lost of interest in usually pleasurable activities, irritability, and weight gain. It however does not happen all year like regular depression but typically happens during the winter months or during the same season each year. It is believed that it occurs more in the winter season because the days are shorter and so there is decreased sunlight. This coupled with colder temperature and increased time spent indoors, all give a recipe for lower vitamin D levels. So if you are feeling the winter blues this year, consider going out in the sun more, taking a vitamin D3 supplement or eating more vitamin D rich foods.

I am sure there are many other reasons for the winter blues and people being more depressed during this time of year. i just wanted to address just one of the myriad of possibilities. I hope you learned something and that we can have a great discussion on vitamins.

Ilẹ̀ kì í le kaka kó le koko kí imú ẹlẹ́dẹ̀ má rí i tú. /

The ground can’t be so hard that the pig won’t be able to poke it with its snout……Yoruba Proverb!
    [No impossibility]

All religions are valid as long as it teaches peace and love…Obara Meji!

There are no disappointments in life only lessons learned!

133 COMMENTS

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify me of
guest

133 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
5 years ago

I will Teach..I affirm that 2015 will bring about positive vibrations for all on ES.

5 years ago

Morning all nice and decent celebrity crew. What an amazing blog, from man a diss Ogun to very good info from Ty. Teach as I always say, no matter what is posted, someone always benefits on that particular day. Sea Queen, hold tight. I hope you get through this winter blue.

Ty, I love your suggestion about to write how we have grown. I would like to through out this suggestion, we could start the New Year with a fast and write what we would like to accomplish during 2015 (and beyond) and we all pray on them.

Reply to  MTH

Am down for a fast Mth

5 years ago

*seven seas. I stick to old labels.

BRB

what’s a good vitamin brand? I want to order the vitamin D3

Reply to  NuNu

Get one made outside the US…vitamins are not regulated here…

Reply to  Ty

Thanks Ty, you have a particular brand in mind

5 years ago

I wanted to make a suggestion to everyone…that in the last week of this year we all post about how we have grown spiritually this year….Cami’s post stimulated this idea…no need for New Years resolution but a mere reflection and introspection on how we have grown spiritually….

Reply to  Ty

lol…nice idea Ty.

Reply to  Ty

That’s a good idea Ty

Reply to  Ty

Cool idea…can we possibly do it next week tho. Im traveling the last week…

Reply to  kiabubblez

I see no prob…we can check with Obara to see what works…

I figure when we are here next year, we can also look back and see how we keep growing

toy7318
Reply to  Ty

Great idea Ty

5 years ago

I forgot to add that tanning under a uv light in the tanning salons is NEVER a way to get vitamin D…

Reply to  Ty

Ty, would you say that the skin cancer that sunbathers get is a matter of vitamin overload?

Reply to  Cami

No…the excess sunbathing not only gives sunburns…but damage the skin tissue underneath and affects the cells ability to regenerate….additionally we have taken such poor care of Mother Earth that the protective ozone layer is so thin that damaging UVA and UVB cause severe often up repairable damage ….to the upper and lower skin layers…

Reply to  Cami

Thanks Ty. I see NuNu ask about D3 vitamins and a brand…waiting for the reply so when I go Jamaica I see what they have down there.

Reply to  Cami

I do not know any brands to endorse…seven seas cod liver oil has been a tried and true ….

Reply to  Cami

I honestly don’t believe there is anything outside of Seven Seals. I use to finish the small bottles in less than 2 weeks and I feel I may start again for the New Years. I also drink my tonics…dem a bit rummy, lol but good said way.

5 years ago

SQ hush is a shame sun set early n by 4:30 its dark, make it easy to drop asleep. I have to stay busy in the evening or by 7㏘ mi gwaan a my bed well wrap up n tuck een. Lol

Reply to  kiabubblez

Hey Kia and SeaQ. SQ hope you’ll be able to tuck in early tonight. I notice most Jamaicans don’t like sleep and feel the need to not see bed until night. Not me, sleep is whenever I have nothing to do, even if it’s just laying down to read.

5 years ago

All the new blogger we welcome you…Alafia…join us anytime…we are ALWAYS happy to have you…peepers roll out, we want to see you and know that you can add value to our discussions

SeaQueen
SeaQueen
5 years ago

Good evening obara, toy, yazzy, mth, kb, nunu, ty, and all es family! I am fighting these winter blues as we speak. I was out on the road today and dosed off at the yield sign, all mi hear ah “beep, beep!” I was so embarrassed lol. As I comment there is a news report on this same topic (Vitamin D and depression). There is always some excitement over there in Nigeria, from juju war to a rebellious king lol

Reply to  SeaQueen

Hey Sea Queen, we so happy you are with us…hopefully we can cheer you up…we will definitely lift you up in prayer and send lots of love and light…

I am so grateful you are safe, your guides are on the job and saved you…God is so amazing…

the roles vitamin D play in the body is only partially known…more is coming out daily as we blog here…genetic studies are teaching us more and more each day…

toy7318
5 years ago

Obara and Es family afternoon. I am going to go finish up reading

Reply to  toy7318

Hey Toy evening dear

Reply to  Obara Meji

Tehehehehe him quick relent. All parson a preach pon sundeh know u fah appease the deity lol

toy7318
Reply to  Obara Meji

Lmao….I love a good mix up and fight. He deserve every bit of his drape up, why couldn’t I be there. I would love to see him getting hauled out of the place. lmao

Reply to  toy7318

Mi sehhhhhh loool grung guh si him a hide n run wid feem crown

Reply to  Obara Meji

what a frighten Friday, bout him nah appease Ogun…him lucky di people dem save him…how him fi try dis mi Baba Ogun …Ogun alada meji…him lim lucky dem never chop him up…

Reply to  Obara Meji

They should have got rid of him said way.

Brb sweeties! Making a mad dash real quick … 😀

Reply to  Obara Meji

Ooh so when u nap a daytime then dream is a serious message?! night dream is message but may not be a message. Explain likkle more deh fi mi Ms Chin lol

Reply to  Obara Meji

If I may ask the Queen Meji a question, Dreams in the 5-6am are message dreams, eating in dreams isn’t usually a good thing,but if they happen in the 5-7 am like Yazzy’s dream could it be a message? Or is it a warning of some sort because it happened more than once?

Reply to  Obara Meji

So that mean if you have kidney function problems this can cause calcidiol deficiency Ty?

Reply to  NuNu

Yes Nunu, likewise if you have liver disease, you often have problems with D1….almost ALL chronic kidney disease patients are placed on vitamin D…

Reply to  Obara Meji

Obara yuh do up prince Charles bad!!! Mi shame fi him!! LMFAO!

Obara the winter blues is damn disease. Literally! I remember growing up in Jamaica, happy like a pig inna sh*t although we grow poor. Look at the island people, life rough fi dem but dem more happier than these big nations with all their “stolen” resources. Yes, the power of the sun. Oh, not to mention the glow in our skin…

Reply to  Yazzy

A true word Yazz, I use to hate the dreary sunless winters cause it amplified the sadness

Reply to  Yazzy

Yazzy is true. Jamdung was listed as wan di happiest place fi live. Lol is God sunshine dem grudge jamaicans fah. Obara u charles haad fi luk pon fi tru loool all william luk goofy nuh baxside mi hope dem nice 😀

Reply to  Yazzy

grung…and yes we happy as a lark in JA…if likkle rain set up we no bother work…we already know we will not be productive…

Reply to  Obara Meji

lolol…leave Charles and him boo alone. The thought of winter for me bring about the color gray to my mind. I hate cold weather.

5 years ago

Ty, I like that you stress about babies needing Vit D supplement to aide in their growth and development. Likewise, it is also important for prospective moms to take to prepare their bodies for birth and for pregnant moms to implement with prenatal regimen. I think it’s also good for women without children that have fertility issues…

Ty, I was clueless its used in gene modulation and cancer protection. Can you discuss that some more. You’re always great with breaking it down fi mi undastan

Reply to  Yazzy

Yazzy, yes atleast 3 months before a planned pregnancy, prenatal vitamin are EXCELLENT…adding vitamin D and omega fatty acids are good too.. the best way I can answer the gene modulation and cancer protection, is to give you an analogy…think of vitamin D as the stuff they pour in your gas tank to prolong the gas mileage and efficiency of the engine…it makes the engine run smoother, shift gear smoother, and make the tank of gas last longer…the human body being the great machine ever made, thrives on vitamin D… vitamin D receptors are now being found in tissues that… Read more »

Reply to  Ty

Good Job Ty it worked! Veey good analogy

Reply to  Ty

I usually take my vitamin in the morning with my juice (that way it doesn’t upset my stomach) however we have been getting really really really tired around 3-4 in the afternoon (no matter what time I wake and even if I take a nap), should I take it later or take just a D later in the day?

Reply to  AMH

You can give that a try and see if it works for you…

I forgot to mention that vitamin d supplements are better absorbed when taken with food..

LMFAO Obara Kia mawd unda di quiet long time!! Everybody ere lost a screw. 😀

Reply to  Obara Meji

😀 😀 😀 Obara mek sure gee mi tin a milo nuh hold back mi miloooooo yazzy is tru mi madd like di whole a wi fambily

KB
KB
5 years ago

Howdy Nunu yu a get big fi tru…all waa hear duppy story loool

5 years ago

Mi cyaan wait for Chuesday come fi hear bout di badman duppy weh Obara haffi wray an nephew bakkle lolol Yazzy a suh yuh know seh a sc-rus ting yuh nuh! A nuh hardinary bakkle it was a Wray an Nephew, mi hear seh dem lick duppy hotta dan regula bakkle lol. Come drop dah torey deh Obara!

Reply to  NuNu

Rasscleet, a tru Nunu boo??? Heeeyyyy!!! ((African accent)) mi affi gu get papcawn fi dis. Mi nuh know but mi already love off DA dippy deh eenuh Obara. Yuh she bad man dupppy? Jah know him sound sexy and dominant eenuh and yuh know seh mi run Milk long time and mi still looking fi a heligible bachelor eenuh!! Raaaeeeeeeeee!!!

5 years ago

Ty, I am very happy you touched on the SAD portion.

5 years ago

No Teach, mi did read it but by mi dun, the internet connection did cut off at work. No Teach nuh sey suh man., yu know mi betta dan dat…

5 years ago

Teach, I read it from earlier, but just finished reading the comments. KB, big up yuself..Yazzy, Teach learn wi good.

KB
KB

Obara, Yazzy, Nunu, MTH, AMH, CAmi (rest easy mumz) yailings Hey Charles 🙂
All peepers welcome 🙂

Reply to  KB

Howdy kia b!

KB
KB
5 years ago

hey lovely peoples thank you Ty for the wealth of information concerning SAD. Recently my fren was talking about this and while I know it is a serious disorder, I suggested to her that she strengthen her mind. She said it’s more than that to her. She is a housewife and the old grumpy man nuh help her just a tear her down. I told her go out daily, read, exercise, drive the streets, take down them dark drapes and open her house up daily to receive the sun. What little sun may be out I want it! She happy… Read more »

Reply to  KB

KB, yuh nuh tap change yuh name! Lollol. What a piece a sinting Chica! Di ole crosses man a stress out di ooman a Yaad affa a him marry her and have har a Yaad like figurine! He we go again with the verbal and emotional abuse. Tell har fi come blog!!! … before yuh know it… She deh cat walk out hell Hunan suicide heels like wi Nunu and a pose out hell like wi celebrity administrator and goodaz award winning reporter Obara African Wife Meji Chinn! Before yuh know it a she an MTH dat a mek big… Read more »

KB
KB
Reply to  Yazzy

Yazzzzzzy yaz YOLO!!! yu a madd ooman ina clean clothes lol Shi weh tell mi burning candles n washoff wid lime n salt a OBEAH!!! LOL u mussi madd a shi did see di limes ina di car back loooool

Reply to  Yazzy

LMFAO KB, a she??? Oh laws! A tru she a guy by di stigma attached… Maybe when she come see wid har own two or four yeye dem she will have a change a heart but don’t force har ya mi chile. As Nuns seh…. We are happy and think she is blessed to have you, who represents us and our love and light. So she in great hands. I hope she finds her happiness one day! Ase!

toy7318
Reply to  Yazzy

Ty thank you so much for this post. Oh my gosh! Kia everytime you mention the lime and your friend and how quiet she was on way back home. I laugh until water come to my eyes just thinking about it. lol

Reply to  KB

I’m glad she at least has you for positive support Kia

Reply to  KB

SAD is real and for some can be devastating, especially if you not living in a supportive environment….

Oh the power of the sun

5 years ago

M, that’s excellent. Supplement ain’t for everyone but as yuh age yuh body is depleted of some essential things it needs and the likkle supplement dem help but I don’t trust the pill forms of these drugs… I also would prefer the natural way to acquire most of whatever we are lacking by sourcing it from our diet. But then here in American yuh also affi a watch weh yuh food comes from and where it’s grown and how it’s stored… Lawd… Everything is a damn production. Kmt

Reply to  Yazzy

exactly Yazzy, the best way is to get it naturally but if you cannot get it that way then it is ok to do supplement…Old time Jcans are some of the smartest people I know, one of the few supplements dem have as staple is seven seas cod liver oil…and you guessed it, it have vitamin D, fish oil, and vitamin E…

Reply to  Obara Meji

LMFAO Obara Nunu bruk out from yuh Han har di heels dem…

5 years ago

Yazzy, I dont take any supplement. Just now, it came to me, how I like to get up from my desk during the day and just take a stroll (soaking in the sun)..Cool, Ty good writing as usual. So much information at our finger tips and we dont evenk now it…

5 years ago

Yazzy, mi pops nuh need nuh wheel chair again. Him buss fi di Chrismuss. Pops call mi last week bout him waan Chrismuss dinna. Mi tell him sey mi did plan fi guh dung a mi sista guh eat. Mi fada tell mi big and serious sey him waan Chrismuss dinna fram mi. Now mi haffi guh dig deep fi guh cook, Daddy a di boss. Him is a man wey use to nuff nuff food worsa a christmuss suh dat is my trial yah now…Big M waan Oxtail and ham, Little M want Curry Goat (Gal love a curry,… Read more »

Reply to  MTH

Pops buss to claartz! No darn wheelchair fi di new year! Datz right! Mi love it. Him deserve dat hefty plate a food. M, dat sound like nuff cooking and nuff nyaming. Lawd mi mout’ watereth!!! ESP fi di non virgin sorrel esp hif it did a ferment fi all few years roun a back wid pimento seed hin deh! Yes hiya! Send some come mi chile… A toast to all of uuuuusss and life, health, love, laughter and fam!

5 years ago

Ty, I had a few questions… Since vitamin D3 is dat soluble and we don’t need much, as Cami asked, how can we make sure we don’t come dangerously close to overdosage. I personally over do every damn thing. I recently went vegan but I LOVE fishes so much that I plan on having an interchangeable diet, come New Year, where I swing from vegan to vegetarian and it’s lifestyle than to focus solely on the food. I noticed you mentioned some of my favs such as Salmon and Sardines. Love ‘me! So while eating all the vitamin D3 rich… Read more »

Reply to  Yazzy

The most reliable way to know what your levels is to have the lab work done…under 30, too low and over 100 too high… the other fat soluble vitamins are vitamin A, E, and K…these all work with vitamin D. However vitamin D is the boss…it is thought to be a catalyst for numerous reactions in the body…it speeds up almost every process…it plays a HUGE role in cancer apoptosis…see everyday our cells are fighting cancer, and putting up a defense against infections. Vitamin D is a small but well need player in the cancer fight, cell breakdown and regeneration…it… Read more »

5 years ago

Nunu, Teach a big celebrity a pose and a tek bare pichho, no sah Teach wid har bandy leg dem buss wey….Royal Teach, come check pan yu chilvren dem, Yazzy have nuff time pan har hands suh yu anything lie-a-bel fi happen..Ennit Yazzy?

Mi sey mi hexcited sey wi have visitors…

Reply to  MTH

Mi hope dem pop up for the new year an seh sumn. Since Yazzy a di mades’ ES member she guh haffi give dem di mad tes’ an si if dem pass lolol

Reply to  NuNu

Nunu yuh nuh good! Galang a u di maddes a move unda sikes…lolllllol

Reply to  MTH

No man M and Nunu, we are all pan wi bess behavior like some bad pickney. Teach nuh affi fretation pan wi. Wi under mannaz and wi visitor yeyez! 😀

Kia, Toy and Court, large up babygirls wherever y’all are!!

5 years ago

Alright my system nuh di best so if I do not see you hailing me or commenting, I am not ignoring you… Charles, respect and mannas (thats just a greeting).. Yazzy mi gal, yu know yu nuff fi ax mi bout Christmas time…LOL Here is my perspective….Jamaica a gwan sed way..People a buy dem curtain, paint, sorrel and ham sed waayyyy. Wi stillput inwi order fi di nice cut a pork…Everybody a collect up dem pardna who nah buy hair a fix up dem house. However, the hottest ting a Jamaica right now a one DJ name Gully Man, Gully… Read more »

Reply to  MTH

Yes Lawd! Lolol, ES international community news!

Reply to  MTH

Raaaaaeeeeeeee!!! Di ESP fam tek di reporting Global to rasssss!!! Kill it prefect M, kill it!! Teach learn yuh good. She learn yuh damn good!

5 years ago

Suh hol’ on deh people, now that Obara tun big time celerbity plus queenie does dat mean wi haffi guh mek happointment fi get aone chat, lawk a mi ova here getting suh big time, I can’t manij

5 years ago

Ty, really I had to read over. So many pearls of wisdom…. Remember I told you that when I was in first form and I would get home first from school I had to cook and liver was the first think I learnt to cook? Well I am seeing the co-relation with everything. Then I ate an abudance of liver and eggs and was always in the sun. Maybe that is what is responsible for my ‘sunny disposition’… I always knew that there was something to people in England so dam grumpy all the time (ax pardon Caroline) it is… Read more »

Reply to  MTH

Enit??!!! LMFAO!! M, you’re a trip!

Reply to  Yazzy

M stawt get stush an Britishify pon wi. Suh dat mean seh mi cyaan bruk out an galang bad nuh more. A wha kinda changes fi di new year wi deh have suh. Come yah Caroline, Josh and Shana

Britishfy??? Lolololol ongle mi Nunu! 😀

Obara J’can peopl can mek up words ei si man!!! Lolol

5 years ago

M, I’m off today so mi string cut yasso tideh. Mi nuh too bad eenuh.whats up with you and the girls? M, weh pops a gwaan wid now?? Him strengthen back up and ting? What’s the atmosphere like in Jamaica ya now wid the holiday hexcitement round di corna??? I wish I was home. There’s just no place like home this time of year…. Sigh

charles206
5 years ago

Yea! Enjoy ur day Teach. U de best.

5 years ago

AMH long time nuh see. Yazzy mi gal, what’s popping?

Where is the baddest Journalist this world has seen? Mrs. Hazel where are you? Maybe just chilling and playing. Enjoy your day Teach…

Reply to  MTH

Hey there M! hope all is going much easier in ‘m’land

5 years ago

Mi gal Nunu wad up? Nunu wi haffi behave wiself cause new people dey bout and mi nuh want dem tink sey wi nuh have nuh brought-up-si. Suh mek wi put on wi best behaviour.

Reply to  MTH

M, I said the same damn thing… Lololol

5 years ago

TY thanks so much for this post. I am sorry that I mentioned thatI have stopped drinking cause look how mi mek yu nuh tek a sip of the ‘spirit’. Ty, mi haffi guh have a tuups a liquor diss season cause yu know sey mi caan live bidout (without Josh, the very rural country people speak like this mi sorrel. Caroline (Teach unno si how mi address the newest members of the family directly). When I am in London during the winter, it is so gloomy. Moving from bright sunny Jamaica to a darkness by 3:00 p.m. Then there… Read more »

5 years ago

Inna mi cackney vice…Howdy Mates, all the peepes. Shana, Caroline and Josh. I hope you all enjoy your day and will step forward to wish us a Merry Christmas (hafter all mi nuh kip unno inform and entertain all year roun)…Carrry on….

Reply to  MTH

Howdy M!

5 years ago

Hafternoon. Hi (I) pramise fi behave miself, look how TEach have up har bag a destent people panhar blog and more time mi nuh behave miself…Teach, yu muss gwan betta dan dat enno…Mi neva sey bell pepper nose is a requirement. Mi ongle sey I would not rule out a bell pepper man on the sole basis of his bell-pepperness. Mi did dey a meeting, den mi diss juss tekup miself guh inna di people dem store guh mek dem spray mi wid dem hexpensive perfumes. Now mi come back a mi desk mi giddy, but happy. Big up one… Read more »

Reply to  MTH

lolol….is you bad behavior that helps to attract others…me sure dem miss YW…the year will be ending and me nu see him nor professor Lalibella. I guess Yw adapting to his new diet and Lalibella a study some new knowledge.

Reply to  Obara Meji

Afternoon Teach, Mi did a travel guh a mi yaad! I’m going to check it out

5 years ago

Good morning folks, thanks Ty for the info. My aunt has horrible back spasm and I do too, she recommended potassium and vitamin D3 for it. She says since she’s been taking it she’s been regular and no spasms.

5 years ago

Thank you so much for the wonderful helpful information. I have to make sure CG reads this, he always suffers when the sun goes away so long. It’s good to have another source that Vitamin D is helpful besides just me suggesting it.

Reply to  AMH

AMH, I love looking around and you’re here…

Reply to  Yazzy

I love looking around and being here! I give thanks for you all everyday.

Reply to  AMH

Hey AMH, good to see you hanging with us…

Reply to  Ty

Oh, I’m hanging Ty. always here even if I’m invisible.

Reply to  AMH

Rare bird AMH! hope all is well.

Reply to  Cami

All is wonderful Cami, thank you! hope you are splendid as well!

Reply to  Obara Meji

Mi mash up like crackas an mi back and joints a kill mi! Mi glad Ty send this post. I’m going to buy a bottle forthwith

Reply to  NuNu

Hey sweeties! Nunu yuh mash up bad man! Mi nuh want fretation tek mi suh plz hurry and git beta soon. Mi feel is all dem high heel wearing deh weh yuh deh train inna. Tek time mi Chica… Nuh kill huh self wid it… Prefect M, bless up Chica! Mi did a look fi yuh cah yuh know mi nuh nawmally dis early. Obara mi baby girl you must be well exhausted from all a di pandemonium! Lolllol Obara, I recently ate in my dream a week and a half ago and now this morning I did again. It… Read more »

Reply to  NuNu

NuNu, is what run over you mek yu mashup so bad? I already scan the post and notice that MTH was busy throughout lunch hours, lol.

5 years ago

Happy Monday Obara! Thank you so much for this phenomenal space! WE LOVE & SUPPORT YOU!! Happy Monday all my sweeties! A special shout out and a warm WELCOME to our new ESP fam members Carolina from the UK, Shana, Josh, Maribel, Lorna, SeaQueen, Spiritual Seeker, TeeA, Nyaha1!!! WELCOME OUR SWEETIES!!!! We thank you all so much for your interest in our blog and we await you all to grace us with your presence, and for those who have already graced us, we await your daily embrace. Listen, just come with your personality and boxes of tissue for our emotional… Read more »

5 years ago

Onu know me gone a bed…be back in the laters.

Reply to  Cami

Sleep good Camz

5 years ago

Hey Charles, hey Obara, big up all Esp family and crew…peepers, large up… Thanks for this medium Obara for us all to commune, share, pray and love…. I have gotten inspiration from everyone of you …on my journey I am eating better…Yazzy you would be proud, I am juicing more….Obara, I am still on the aloe Vera and it bitter still but still drinking… Mth, the other day I was about to have a drink, I say hell no….Mth stop drink, so no more for me,…I am so proud of you Mth…. Nunu and Toy drop Nuff nutritional knowledge pon… Read more »

Reply to  Ty

Muah me smart sister-in-law (hail up me missing brother). THANKS for that load of information, and I never really knew that the term ‘winter blues’ had a medical terminology. How do you know if you OD on vitamin D? I once had an obsession with cod liver capsules, lol. **I wished everyone a great work week on the other post…the same here too. A special greetings to our fellow silent blog readers…hope to see you all one day. Big ups to Josh for going beyond to learn the native tongue of most of us here…blessings to you and all. Obara,… Read more »

TY
TY
Reply to  Cami

Cami, there are many thoughts about vitamin D overdose..if the levels are over 100, toxicity usually ensues…there are not many good human studies to tell symptoms of toxicity…most are from studies with dogs..the symptoms include vomiting, constipation, muscle weakness….when it really bad and go on for years, the body in its attempt to get rid of it, bind it to calcium and form a calcified stone in soft tissues and muscles…

Reply to  Ty

Ty I’m so proud of you! Yuh hilarious eenuh. Yuh a get ready fi buss big toast and drink and yuh seh hell no! Prefect M stop drink suh no way, Jose! I love it! That’s what happened to me, I knew I wanted to start a good workout routine to add to my already amazing nutritional diet but I didn’t have the enthusiasm until I kept seeing you hittin’ up the gym chic. I was like hell no! If Ty can do it bout 2x -3x/ week… Mi mus can take some inspirational do it at least once! And… Read more »

Reply to  Yazzy

iron sharpen iron…we motivate each other here…and I love it…

Yazzy the juicing tun up…YW gone pass me wid the juicing and he no longer eat meat…

Reply to  Yazzy

Ty turn Yazzy into a ‘juice head’ and Yw tun vegan, lol Ok I see where my New Year heading…to a juicer near me. dwln

Reply to  Cami

Grung….

charles206

Good afternoon, Obara n all ES Crews. Ose! Iyawo wa, its

Reply to  charles206

Charles I’m so sorry… A blessed Monday to ya sweetie!

charles206

Aww Yazzy.. you too.

Related Reads

THE BENEFITS OF ONION-SHARED BY MTH

MTH, has shared this article with us. I am sure we will learn much from it. Thank you Mth, I had another post lined...

OLD TIME SOMETHING

When I was a little girl living in Jamaica my mother who worked at the University of the West Indies Hospital, hardly ever took...

For Your Spiritual Journey