This morning I saw two dogs in my dream.
I was standing by a side walk waiting for a bus and two dogs walked up to me, one was brown and the other black. Behind me stood some people who were also waiting for the bus but they were sitting down, in the dream I faced the dogs and when the bus came I went on.
Now while on the bus I realized that I had a sandwich in my hand which I shared with the bus driver, he in turn took the egg yolk from out the sandwich with his bare hand and gave it to me.
Anyone who knows me in real life, knows that I would never eat that, especially with him giving me food with his hands. But in the dream I took the egg and held it to my chin as if to fool him that I would eat it, then I woke up. It has been two days now since I have been getting dreams where in which I am offered food which to my delight I did not eat.
It is NEVER good to eat in your dreams! I know I am surprising you all with this one but it is the truth. All my life growing up, people always said that eating in your dreams was good. “It brings money, prosperity, and good luck,” they said. That is not true. At least being given food to eat is not good.
This is how obeah takes effect – through your visions and dreams. We will discuss this and all other dream metaphors today on this post.
Note: To know the full interpretation of a dream depends on many factors including time, circumstance, culture & beliefs, and the scenes (or other dreams) that immediately followed or preceded. This all determines the exact meaning of a particular dream.
The list below are GENERAL interpretations.
Teeth Falling Out – Teeth falling out in your dreams is indicative of Death. But pay attention to which tooth it was and how many. If the tooth was in the back, the death will be of person you know but are not close to. If the tooth is to the side, the person is still closer but not a relative. If the tooth is in the front, the person is a relative/loved one or a person very very close to you. Contact a competent spiritualist immediately to solve this before it occurs in real life.
Rotting or Broken Teeth – To dream of rotting or broken teeth tells of someone who is or will become very ill, or is sick and dying. Again, pay attention to the position of the tooth to get an idea of who the person could be.
Brushing Your Teeth – To dream of brushing your teeth tells of an illness.
Weddings – To dream of a wedding is indicative of death, especially if you see the bride or groom in their gowns and tuxedos.
A Wedding but no Bride or Groom – To dream of a wedding without a bride or groom, then the possibility of death can be avoided.
Snakes, Dogs, Lions, Tigers –Threatening animals such as these tells of an enemy. But what was your interaction with it? Were you bitten? If so, this is indicative of obeah which has connected through this bite (in other words, being conquered by an enemy). Or did you harm or kill the animal? If so, great! You have defeated an enemy.
Also note, dogs are not always enemies. It often depends on how it appears and how it interacts. Obviously, a threatening dog is no good sign.
Fishes – To dream of fishes tells of a pregnancy.
Spiders/Cobwebs – Spiders and cobwebs, both in real life and dream state, are indications of a blocked way. Beware of mysterious cobwebs tying up your face or body. It isn’t good.
A Sick Person who is Suddenly OK – To dream a person who is ill in waking life, but healthy and happy in dream state indicates a death that is very soon to come.
Rats/Mice – To dream of rats or mice warns of trickery or a trickster around you or to come.
Cats –To dream of cats denotes ill luck if you don’t succeed in killing it or driving it away! They are also signs of “Witches”. Depending on your beliefs, this can simply translate to an enemy who is involved with dark arts.
Rice – To dream of rice brings abundance. This is also the case of Fruits and Vegetables, and an array of Sweets, as long as you are not eating them (see below).
Eating in Your Dreams – To dream of yourself being given food to eat can indicate many things and none of them good. Being given food often indicates obeah/witchcraft, and your consumption of it means that it has been successfully given to you.
Your Old House – To dream yourself in an old house, you will hear of a death, this is also so if you dream of building a house.
A Fast Moving Train – To dream of a fast moving train shows that someone will visit you but that person will soon make his transition, or you should look out for a message from an ancestor.
Flying – To dream of flying shows that you will succeed in life and prosper.
Black Cat – The old belief of “black cats are bad luck” is actually true. If one happens to cross your path, you will hear bad news or be disappointed. I never believed in this, but it has been proven to me through experience.
Feces – To dream of feces in any way is a sign of money! Some prosperity will be coming your way.
Bees – To dream of bees is also a sign of money (this is also so in waking life when bees fly around you – it s a blessing, not a curse). Seeing huge black bees also indicates that you will hear some news!
Wasps – Wasps are indicative of quarrel and contention. This also holds true in waking life. If you are stung by a wasp, beware of a huge problem! (“huge” meaning police, war, jail, or anything of a large negative nature).
Gun Shot – To be shot in a dream of any kind is never good. This is a huge indication of witchcraft/obeah that has certainly connected. The result in waking life can either be severe illness, death, spiritual bondage, madness, or other worse cases. Immediately contact a competent spiritualist for assistance!
Ringing in Your Ears – If you get this, someone is currently calling your name or speaking about you.
Sneezing 3 Times Straight – Someone is talking about you!
Right Hand Itch – Money is on its way
Left hand Itches – Money is going out or you will spend. For some people, the left hand represents money coming in rather than going out. See what happens next for you in order to determine which hand represents what in your case.
Left Eye Jump – This indicates tears or rain. The left eye brings water.
Right Eye Jump – You will see someone who you have not seen in a long time!
Bottom of Your Feet Itches – You will travel.
Knee itches – You will change your bed.
Your Knife Falls on it’s Back (standing up) – You will move or someone in your house will move out
Salt Spills -Salt that spills “accidentally” indicates a big quarrel to come! (tip: sprinkle a little cool water over the spilled salt to cool the impending argument/war. It will either reduce the effect, lessen the likelihood, or remove it completely).
Black Bird Sings – If a black bird sings by your window or around you, this is a message of death.
- Friday the thirteenth is an unlucky day
- A rabbit’s foot brings good luck
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- To find a four-leaf clover is to find good luck
- If you walk under a ladder, you will have bad luck
- If a black cat crosses your path you will have bad luck
- To break a mirror will bring you seven years bad luck
- To open an umbrella in the house is to bring bad luck
- To find a horseshoe brings good luck
- Step on a crack, break your mother’s back
- You can break a bad luck spell by turning seven times in a clockwise circle
- Garlic protects from evil spirits and vampires
- Our fate is written in the stars
- At the end of a rainbow is a pot of gold
- Clothes worn inside out will bring good luck
- Wearing your birthstone will bring you good luck
- If you blow out all of the candles on your birthday cake with the first breath you will get whatever you wish for
- To have a wish come true using a wishbone, two people make a wish, then take hold of each end of the bone and pull it until it separates. The person with the longer end gets his or her wish
- An itchy palm means money will come your way
- A beginner will always have good luck: beginner’s luck
- A cat has nine lives
- Eating fish makes you smart
- Toads cause warts
- A cricket in the house brings good luck
- Crossing your fingers helps to avoid bad luck and helps a wish come true
- It is bad luck to sing at the table
- It is bad luck to sleep on a table
- After receiving a container of food, the container should never be returned empty
- A lock of hair from a baby’s first haircut should be kept for good luck
- A bird that comes in your window brings bad luck
- To refuse a kiss under mistletoe causes bad luck
- Goldfish in the pond bring good luck
- Goldfish in the house bring bad luck
- For good luck, wear new clothes on Easter
- An acorn at the window can keep lightning out of the house
- If the bottom of your feet itch, you will make a trip
- When a dog howls, death is near
- It is bad luck to chase someone with a broom
- A sailor wearing an earring cannot drown
- To find a penny heads up, brings good luck
- To cure a sty, rub it with a gold wedding band
- Animals can talk at midnight on Christmas Eve
- A drowned woman floats face up, a drowned man floats face down
- A person cannot drown before going under three times
- To drop a fork means a woman will visit
- To drop a knife means a man will visit
- To drop a spoon means a child will visit
- To drop a dishcloth means bad luck is coming
- If you shiver, someone is casting a shadow on your grave
- To make a happy marriage, the bride must wear: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue
- The wedding veil protects the bride from the evil eye
- Washing a car will bring rain
- You must get out of bed on the same side you got in on or you will have bad luck
- Evil spirits cannot harm you when you are standing in a circle
- A cat will try to take the breath from a baby
- Warm hands, cold heart
- Cold hands, warm heart
- It is unlucky to rock an empty rocking chair
- To kill an albatross is to cause bad luck to the ship and all upon it
- Wearing an opal when it is not your birthstone is bad luck
- Smell dandelions, wet the bed
- To give someone a purse or wallet without money in it will bring that person bad luck
- A forked branch, held with a fork in each hand, will dip and point when it passes over water
1. A bird in the house is a sign of a death
2. A loaf of bread should never be turned upside down after a slice has been cut from it.
3. Never take a broom along when you move. Throw it out and buy a new one.
4. If the first butterfly you see in the year is white, you will have good luck all year.
5. If a black cat walks towards you, it brings good fortune, but if it walks away, it takes the good luck with it.
- An acorn at the window will keep lightning out
A dog howling at night when someone in the house is sick is a bad omen.
It’s bad luck to leave a house through a different door than the one used to come into it.
A horseshoe hung in the bedroom will keep nightmares away.
If you catch a falling leaf on the first day of autumn you will not catch a cold all winter.
11. If a mirror in the house falls and breaks by itself, someone in the house will die soon…. ..>>>>I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS ONE, MIRROR BREAKS, IT REMOVES NEGATIVITY!
12. Dropping an umbrella on the floor means that there will be a murder in the house.
13. All windows should be opened at the moment of death so that the soul can leave.
14. If the groom drops the wedding band during the ceremony, the marriage is doomed.
15. To dream of a lizard is a sign that you have a secret enemy.
- If a friend gives you a knife, you should give him a coin, or your friendship will soon be broken.
You should never start a trip on Friday or you will meet misfortune.
Dream of running: a sign of a big change in your life.
If a clock which has not been working suddenly chimes, there will be a death in the family.
It is bad luck to light three cigarettes with the same match.
Please Add you own and let us learn together!
Tí orí kan bá sunwọ̀n á ran’gba. /
If one head (a person) is blessed, hundreds others will be positively affected – Yoruba Proverb
Feel free to add your own! I know so much about these things but I would love to know more!