Embracing Spirituality operates the embracingspirituality.com website, which provides an EDUCATIONAL Service.
- Introduction and Definitions
- The Types of Data Acquired About You
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII). We acquire PII that may include, in certain contexts, your name, postal address, zip code, email address, and telephone number. We also acquire your IP address, User ID, and/or Device ID, which certain jurisdictions consider to be PII because it could be used to identify an individual or Device if it were combined with other identifying information.
- Sensitive PII. In certain circumstances, such as when selecting a Service, you may provide a credit, debit, or payment account number, or other payment information which we recognize as more sensitive than other PII. We generally do not request on or through the Service other Data that is often considered “highly sensitive,” such as other financial account information (e.g., credit report information, bank account numbers), personal health information, or government issued identification numbers (e.g., social security number, drivers’ license number, or passport number), although we reserve the right to do so when such Data is necessary to offer you certain services.
- Anonymous Data. Some of the Data that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your Device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some Data that could be considered PII when combined with other identifying information is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your Device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous Data about other users.
- How We Acquire Your Data
- Data You Provide. We mostly receive PII because you provide it to us. For instance, when you register and/or set up an account/profile, you may be provided, or required to choose, a password and/or User ID, include your email address and full name. Other Data such as your age, gender, an avatar, and preferences may also be requested. In addition, we may acquire your Data when you contact us by telephone, postal mail, social media interaction or messaging (e.g., email, SMS, MMS, or similar technologies).
- Data Automatically Collected. The Service may also automatically collect Data about you, your online behavior and your Device. The Data collected may include, without limitation, the make, model, settings, specifications (e.g., CPU speed, connection speed, browser type, operating system, IP address, and/or device identifier) and geographic location of you and/or your Device, as well as date/time stamp, IP address, pages visited, time of visits, Content viewed, ads viewed, the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other clickstream data. The Service may collect your Data even if the Service is not open on your Device or you’re not logged in.
- Social Network Integration. If you choose to access, visit and/or use any third party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with the Service, we may receive your Data that has been made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push Content from our Service to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Service. Some social networking services also will facilitate your registration for our Service or enhance or personalize your experience on our Service. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Service is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with your Data the third party social networking services may make available us by visiting those services’ privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those services. We reserve the right to use, transfer, assign, share, and provide access to all of your Data that we receive through third-party social networking services in the same ways as all of your Data we receive through our Service (as described in Section IV below).
- Be Careful Publicly Posting PII. Please be aware that Content and PII that you disclose in publicly accessible portions of the Service (i.e. Comments section/Forums/ Questions and Answer Forum) may be available to other users, and may also be made available outside the Service by third parties, so you should be mindful of all PII, especially sensitive PII, that you may wish to post.
- How We Use Your Data
- Processing Your Requests for Services. We use your Data to process your request for Content and/or other Services. For example, if you subscribe to any of our website, we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice and hitherto send you updates of new posts and news on Embracing Spirituality. Similarly, if you submit a post, or grant us permission to post your personal story, testimonial, or other written work by or concerning you, we may also publish your name/screen name, home town and other PII you have provided to us, if the published post requires it. However, other sensitive information (i.e. email address, phone number, home address, etc.) will never be published. You also reserve the right to request the information above (name/screen name/ home town) not be published.
- Administering the Service. We also use your Data for any lawful business purpose in connection with administering the Service, including without limitation to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, and to track users’ movements around the Embracing Spirituality website. Your geographic location Data may specifically be used to show you Content based on geographic location.
- Access by Third Party Providers. – Your personal information (name, phone number, email address, social network links, and/or debit or credit card) may be shared with our secured third party providers (i.e. PayPal).
4. Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.