This Thursday November 13th 2014 will be our book club discussion our Ty have provided the material which you will find the link below. She also will be the one to moderate on the topic placed forward. as usual Ty did an excellent job with the last book club, which was the Oprah Winfrey interview and we thank her a whole lot, I must say it was informative and it was fun! We all enjoyed it,well done Ty, thank you very much. It is unfortunate that I did not see my regulars to show support, but it is what it is, nuff love same way. Book Club begins @ 8pm, please make an effort to be here, knowledge is power, let us learn together.
Apple Cider Vinegar
As we are embarking on this spiritual journey, many of us are also looking into our nutrition. We are cleansing our minds, bodies, and soul. Obara did a wonderful post on nutrition and spirituality, please refer to it if you have not read it. She also did another phenomenal post on something is brewing and also one on using herbs and plants for spiritual uses. I have always wanted to eat and live healthy. I try in my daily routine to feed my body with the best foods I can and feed my soul with the best thoughts I can. I meditate and pray daily, so as to solidify all that i have learned and is about to learn. I remember Shawnyrob posting that when you pray you ask questions and when you mediate you get answers.
As to the nutrition portion of my routine, i have limited the processed foods in my diet. Obara had posted about drinking apple cider vinegar. Truth be told, i have a bottle that I used every now and then. I wanted to share with you all some of the research I found on apple cider vinegar. Please feel free to share what you know and let us rap and talk about food and nutrition. I know that you all have a wealth of information and since we have this wonderful forum, let us share.
Below listed are some uses and benefits I found on apple cider vinegar:
- taking daily shots can boost your energy level
- Apple cider vinegar can detoxify your home. It can be used as a cleaner if you do not want to use harsh chemicals or are very sensitive to these chemicals.
- It can make your hair shine. Apple cider vinegar can be used as a rinse for your hair after shampooing to boost your hair’s body and shine. Consider using 1/2 a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of cold water. Pour the solution through your hair after shampooing.
- Natural apple cider vinegar regulates the pH of your skin. Dilute ACV with two parts water, and spread the concoction over your face with a cotton ball to replace your current toner. You can do this at night after washing, and in the morning before you apply your moisturizer. A dab of apple cider vinegar can also be left on the skin overnight to fade age spots or acne scars.
- It’s also a recommended agent for warts. For warts, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar, then fasten the cotton ball over the wart with a Band-Aid overnight. The skin may swell some as it reacts with the solution. However, the wart will fall off. Once it falls off, the treatment should be continued for a few more days, to make sure the wart doesn’t return.
- It can remove stains from teeth. Rub teeth directly with apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
- It can soothe sunburnt skin. Add a cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath, and soak for 10 minutes to eliminate discomfort from sunburn.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a natural aftershave. Fill a bottle with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water, and shake before applying to the face.
- It’s an all-natural massage treatment. Rubbing apple cider vinegar on your hands and feet will give massage-like benefits and relief to tired hands and feet.
- Apple cider vinegar can aid in weight loss. For daily weight management, add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to 16 ounces of water. This concoction can be sipped throughout the day. Data shows some limited, yet significant, weight loss benefits from sustained daily intake of acetic acid (which is a main ingredient in apple cider vinegar). In a 2009 study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, it was found that subjects that consumed acetic acid for 12 weeks experienced significant declines in body weight, abdominal fat, waist circumference and triglycerides. Triglycerides contribute to the bad cholesterol that we want to avoid. It will not give very dramatic weight loss but can be added to your weight loss regiment. It tis thought to help with blood sugar regulation.
- Apple cider vinegar will balance your entire inner body system. The body constantly strives to achieve a state of equilibrium. Apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. Research shows that higher acid levels (lower pH level) leads to a lack of energy and higher incidences of infection.
- It can help you detox. As part of balancing the body’s pH, apple cider vinegar creates an overall detoxification of the body. Research shows that it can help stimulate cardiovascular circulation and help detoxify the liver.
- ACV is great for your lymphatic system. This miracle vinegar helps to break up mucous throughout the body and cleanse the lymph nodes. Believe it or not, research suggests that apple cider vinegar can help with allergies because of its ability to reduce mucous and sinus congestion. When reducing the effects of allergies, it can also help stave off sinus infections and their related symptoms, such as sore throats and headaches.
- It can help your body get rid of candida. This vinegar is rich in natural enzymes that can help rid your body of candida—yeasts that are attributed to thrush in humans. Candida also is blamed for creating symptoms of fatigue, poor memory, sugar cravings, and yeast infections.
- ACV can help you reduce heartburn. Though it might seem like an oxymoron to treat stomach acid with an acid-containing vinegar, there is research suggesting that apple cider vinegar works by correcting low acid, hence reducing heartburn. Natural remedy experts say you should begin to feel relief very shortly after taking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar followed by a glass of water. Note that apple cider vinegar will not give relief if you have an ulcer. There are many theories behind, this, one being that if you drink ACV, it sends signals to the body to make less acid, since it just got a surge and so relieves heartburn.
- The use of apple cider vinegar is effective in repelling fleas on your pets. One part vinegar and one part water can be sprayed on your pets fur and rubbed in generously to the skin. Saturate the entire coat, and continue every day for a few days to a week. Any flea infestation will surely be gone.
- It can soothe a sore throat. If you suffer from chronic sore throat, mix one teaspoon apple cider, one teaspoon cayenne pepper and three teaspoons clover honey in a glass with water. All three ingredients help to heal. The honey and ACV have antibacterial properties while the capsaicin from the cayenne helps to helps alleviate pain.
- It’s an all-natural room freshener. Apple cider vinegar will clean your toilets and leave your bathroom smelling like apples! Just pour apple cider vinegar into the toilet, and allow it to sit overnight. It can also be used in dishwashers as a substitute for dish detergent. Mix 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup water, and you can use this solution to clean microwaves, kitchen surfaces, windows, glasses and mirrors, too.
The potential uses keeps growing, please share any you know and let us talk about super foods, nutrition, ACV and our well being.