Good day to all. I have been doing some technical work to the blog and this is why I have not been posting everyday. Writing takes time to do and I can not post when everything is in action according to my assistant.
However, today I will do a short post on the symptoms of binding or “tying” as we call it in Jamaica, in other words how to know when someone has tied a person onto them. This topic is important because it happens so often and affects so many lives. It is a horrible thing to do to anyone, and it interferes with the destiny of both the one who did the tying job and the one who gets tied. Why would someone want to bind someone to them? I just could never understand it, but I will tell you how to know when it has happened.
I have written about this topic before. I shared the very personal story of my father and what he went through with a woman’s attempt to tie him ( read here), however what I did not share was how to recognize when it has happened to you.
First let me tell you all that the person who is under the spell most often will not know that he/she is under a spell. He/she becomes like a zombie moving through life, yet at the will of the person who has him/her all tied up. In his (and this is for the woman as well) everyday life, he can make his own decisions, he can conduct his life as he or she sees fit, yet when he is around the person who has him under bondage, he becomes a little child. So much that his friends and family sees someone different from who they know and may wonder about the change.
Most people who are under the influence of Obeah, as in being tied up, are afraid of the ones who has done the job to them. For the stronger person who is a victim of this, regardless of not knowing what has been done to him, he will not be willing to fall into total submission. His inner spirit will fight, resulting in the couple having a very rocky relationship filled with arguments and problems, but none ever leaving the relationship. I have seen this often. Not all tumultuous relationships are a result of tying, so please do not go pointing fingers at anyone.
If the “victim” of this obeah is normally a very gentle person, his spirit may submit to the binding, but he will have the feeling of despair in the relationship, but he will not admit this but rather accept his fate with his other half. I have heard of people who felt they had no hope after being berated and dominated by their spouse that they even commit suicide.
One symptom of tying (and this depends on the type of tying done, will explain in a moment) when the victim will begin to experience stomach problems (a bad ulcer or other stomach ailments). This is when the Obeah has been ingested, which is the most popular kind of binding job.
One of the tying jobs which is the hardest to pull (but certainly not impossible for a competent practitioner) is when the binding is done through sex and fluids released. My ex wicked baby father’s wicked mistress had tied him like this. It was horrible! It seemed she tied him every which way possible. To this day he has stomach problems and this began when he met and got with the she-devil.
This brings me to warn you all of something that got him into this situation.
He had only hoped, according to him, to have a one time fling with this woman, but she thought otherwise or so she told me once when we met in a quarrel on the telephone.
Yes, while she and I were cussing back and forth (tracing to all Jamaicans who know what market tracing is), she then calmed down and very calmly begged me to please calm down. It took a hell of a lot to get me off the highest limb of the quarrel tree.
I was shocked to hear her pleading with me, so I drew a deep breath and stopped, just to hear what she had to say.
Then she said:
“Obara, it do not mek any sense that we quarrel anymore. I have tied him up very well (in patois she spoke, but for the benefit of all, mi English it up) and he cannot ever be freed. You cannot get him back. He thought he would make me a one night stand, and I knew that, but I had another plan for him. I did what I had to do, so why should we fight Obara? He can never leave me, so please calm down and just accept it.”
I have never forgotten those words, nor have I ever met a person so bold.
Another symptom of tying is when a relationship which was not meant to go anywhere, suddenly gets serious to the point of the victim putting the person on a pedestal.
If a person has been tied they will:
- Have little or no contact with their family.
- Never fault the offender (the one who did the tying job) for absolutely anything, even if they hit the Pope with a brick in the back of his head in plain view for all to see, the victim will swear in court that the offender is innocent.
- Become zombie-like and no longer acts of their own free will in terms of the relationship. If the offender summons the victim, where ever the victim is, he will feel compelled to leave whatever he is doing and go to them.
- Will begin to neglect their own children with the original relationship and focus on the children of the tied-relationship.
- Hold the offender in high esteem even if the relationship is abusive, clearly unhealthy etc.
Please note that if it is a woman who is tied up she will act the same. Also note that if they are told that they have been tied by anybody at all (even if they are told by family member or even diviner), they will never believe and/or will hate the person who told them so, never dealing with them again. It is a pitiful sight. I’ve been there.
If you happen to have a partner or know someone who may be in this position, please follow this advice:
- Do not argue or get angry with the victim. Under no circumstances! Arguing with a person who has been tied actually works with the spell by pushing the victim towards the person rather than away from him or her.
- Do not try to tell them your suspicions, same reason as number one.
- Be calm and patient! The victim must see you as a safe place rather than a problem they want to get away from.
- Get a divination! Even after you have read this post and the person fits all of the symptoms I have listed, always get a divination. Not only will it tell you what is really going on but there may be more to the story that you need to know. Also this is a great avenue to finding the correct solution to the problem because unbeknownst to many people, spiritual solutions are not always one size fits all.
Tying jobs are most often locked away where no one can find it unless a competent spiritualist sends spirits to find it and pull it. Most of the time people do not rise from tying spells and nothing becomes of their life. They basically remain “zombies”. In other words, if the person were supposed to become great or wealthy in life, this can change if they are tied to a person.
What you must know about tying work is that the work acts almost like a cobweb tangling and trapping a person. This can either completely stop a person’s progression in life or severely hinder it. This is another reason it is a terrible work to do because one of the effects it can have is changing a persons destiny completely.
I could go on but this is it for now. I pray that none of you who reads this ever experiment with this kind of evil practice, or even encourage anyone to do so. I also pray if any of you here are victims, that God finds your relief.
Always remember that there is a solution to everything.