-Update- Please see the Dream Interpretations page to have Oladayo interpret your dreams-
“If salt is spilled, look out for quarrel or fight, black pepper or any kind of pepper, the same thing – quarrel. If you are eating food and it falls to the ground your ancestors need your attention, or if a black cat crosses your path it is not a good sign – I never believed this one about the cat, but I have since proven it, yup it is true! If a dog cries at night someone will die, and certain birds if you see them at nights, like the owl, especially a white one, death of a close relative or friend is near. If your right hand itches, money is coming in, if your left hand itches money is going out, but for some people it’s the reverse and so many more tell-tale signs to aid us in this life.”
From the post ‘The Spiritual Power and Uses of Salt‘
Good day to each and everyone. The above are some superstitions that I will write about one day, but they can also be applied to dreams. I’ve decided today to do another post on the interpretations of dreams and visions and also the explanation of certain superstitions which may just play right into our lives as how they’re told.
The world of dreams and visions as I’ve written here on this blog more than once is a very important world. There are many realms within time and space and we, inhabitants of this earth plane, have visited many, most often during our sleeping state. Now, as a child growing up in Jamaica, ole time people used to say ‘take sleep and mark death,’ this has a cautionary meaning all on it’s own, but to take the words literally, it means ‘sleep mimics death,’ and this is true. When we go to sleep whether at nights or at any time of the day, our body relaxes and our minds calm down, and we’re able, as spirits to leave the body through one of it’s 7 exit points and walk at first through what is called the spiritual earth, which in our dreams and visions looks exactly like the earth or the realm we live in.
Dream experiences are very different from when you have visions. This must be clear to you. You must know that dreams and visions are two different things and what determines the difference is the time when it occurs (I plan to do OMOU classes on times and its importance to the spirit). The dreamworld, which is a very conscious world or the world of consciousness, allows you, the traveler, to see your past and present, your visions allows you the traveler to see the future. You would wonder why would you want to see your past? But always know that your past, whether in this life or another lifetime, is always linked to your present. It is your past which determines your present and the outcome.
Your future determines your way through and forward as per your journey on this earth. Your victories, joys, overcoming encumbrances, or perhaps going into battle, this is why it is very important to pay attention to your dreams and visions, regardless of how silly they may seem. Remember the language of spirit always comes in metaphors. The frequency or vibration that their world carries cannot be sustained or understood in our world, and so for our guides, spirits, angels, ancestors to speak to with us, we have to meet in another dimension, and this is hoping that when we come back to our reality, which is this earth, we are able to decode what we were told. Hence the reason for people like me to be apart of society.
When I say people like me, it doesn’t mean a spiritual practitioner alone, but there are people who are wise enough to understand the language of the outer world. Today, I will list out some metaphors for you within the world of dreams that when ever you encounter them, you may be able to decipher them or decode them yourself. Many atrocities have happened to people or their loved ones and the warning came in dreams or visions but because of lack of understanding, they had no idea of the interpretation.
- To dream of eating an apple (there is a reason why I begin with this one) or any other fruits, is indicative of someone wanting to stop your prosperity. The apple itself speaks about prosperity through a loving relationship, perhaps marriage, an engagement, or boyfriend/girlfriend situation that which would have prospered, has now died the minute you see yourself eating this fruit, as with others (meaning fruits on a whole) represents your prosperity, and to eat it, most often are bad messages. It’s no wonder those who wrote the bible used the apple as a metaphor to indicate Adam’s sin and also the fall of man.
As a child growing up in Jamaica, we were told that when we saw ourselves eating these things in dreams, it is good, but I cannot stress this to your enough, eating in dreams is never good. This is how the enemy can attack and send bad messages by coming into that world and feeding you things which are no good for your spirit and that which will affect you in the physical world.
- Dreaming of seeing fruits, ripe fruits, not eating it, or even perhaps sharing it, or in the presence of good fruits, is indicative of great prosperity to come. Just make sure you see it! Doan nyam it!
If you dream that you have eaten anything in your dream, before speaking to anyone, find that which you have eaten, and eat it in real life to destroy the bad message sent to you in the dream. If anyone who reads this post, if you ever want to thank me for anything, thank me for this tip that I have given you. It is most important.
- To see blood in your dream is never good. Know that this is indicative of scandal or disgrace. It matters not who the blood belongs to, it is indicative of something very negative. If you can, seek divination for clarification and perhaps that will give solution.
- To dream nakedness or to see yourself or anyone else naked in a dream also means scandal and disgrace.
- To see a dog is interpreted depending on how you saw the dog. If the dog barks and is angry, there is a very vicious enemy around. Be careful. If the dog rushes you, as if he wants to attack, be careful of an attack whether physical or spiritual. If he actually bites in the dream, this is no good. This can be indicative of death, sickness, war etc. Please note that any animal that attacks you in your visions and dreams or is able to wound, is indicative of what will happen in real life. So if it is a dog, know that it is coming from war. If it is a cat know that is is coming from somebody close, a secret enemy, it could be a spouse, your children, your siblings, etc. If it is a snake, the same as with the cat, except even more deadly. If it is an insect, believe that someone who you may think cannot harm you, that person has devised a plan against you. This is when I tell you to be present in your life and begin now to look at everyone, perhaps the maid in your house. Be careful. But always know that any attack, especially being wounded by an animal, it can even mean death if care is not taken.
- To dream of hearing gun shots or being fired upon, this is also indicative of war (either spiritual attack or physical war coming to you, or physical war coming through spiritual attack). Please know that when people send spiritual attack through wicked obeah, and you dream these dreams, it is your messenger, your own spirit guide, that is letting you know what is happening.
- To dream of seeing birds, now this depends on the type of bird. If you dream of a cock and a hen, look towards your relationship – there may be problems. Most cocks has more than one hens, so this dream may be telling you, (if you’re a woman) that a third person may be involved in your relationship. If it is the crowing of a cock, it means that a husband is on it’s way.
– Small Black Birds are messengers of death, especially if you see them singing/chirping.
–To see a duck in your dream, one human being may die, one who is not close to you. To see a duck fly, whatever situation you may be in that may not be good for you, God will release you from that situation.
–If any bird or animal with wings scratches you, seek divination right away, sickness is on it’s way.
–If you dream to see a set of birds take flight, you will be in successful in a particular endeavor. However, the birds must not be black. It would be best if they’re white. If they’re black, you will go to 3 funerals in succession.
- Seeing your teeth fall out is a sure sign of death, but the place where the tooth falls from, is what will tell you if the person who will die is closely related or if it is someone distant.
- Someone combing their hair is never a good dream. This means someone is playing with you spiritually, trying to confuse your mind, or use influence to dissuade you from making proper decisions.
- To dream of quarrel denotes problems in the dreamers life. Upon having such a dream as this, the person must immediately wet their house with water and wet their yard with water to hold that energy down or to stave it off, so that when it comes, it doesn’t expand and turn into something else.
- To dream an ancestor means that person needs to be either remembered mentioned, or attended to in some type of way.
- To dream an angel or a particular deity giving you good messages, this means you need to sleep on white sheets from then forward so that whatever spiritual gift that is suppose to be yours in this life, you will gain.
- To dream yourself in white is an indication that so far within your life’s journey, you have met God’s approval.
- To dream yourself in black, this can denote mourning or show that there is power within you, even if you don’t know.
- To dream yourself in red, means you should not wear the color at all, and it also means that you should introspect and release anybody that you have been unable to forgive. Red is a very powerful color in the realm of spirit and is indicative of judgement. For someone to dream that they are wearing red, they are a danger to themselves because of their own mental convictions of others. This dream means release. You must release and forgive.
- To dream of feces/poop, expect money! Poop is a direct indication of money. Seeing is good but touching is excellent (lol) know that money is on it’s way and this is for sure.
- A Wedding dream is also an indication of funeral, and also when you see the bride and groom dressed as a bride and groom. A problem may be brewing, but the fact that you have dreamt it means that there is solution.
Note: Dreams are warnings. Whenever one dreams something it means that there is solution for whatever is coming. If whatever is coming is final, you will not be able to see it in visions or dreams. Please refer to this post for more and I may do a separate post on visions, which represents revelations or what is to come in the future.
Also note: know that we all experience the dream world, whether you have memory of it or not, if you do not remember your dreams, do not force yourself to, there may be a very good reason your guide does not want you to remember and so has removed it from you memory bank, at least for now. At times it would or will be recalled as a deja vu experience. There are some things that we may have seen or experienced while travelling that should not be revealed to our “backward world”, backward in terms of spiritual knowledge of time and space. Also if someone has used Obeah to stop your dreams from being recalled by you (this happens, and this is why you must not tell everyone your dreams, because if someone realizes that you, perhaps may be a “seer/dreamer,” someone who gets revelations, they may have something to hide, and try to spiritually blind you, then there is also solution, however I cannot give it out here.
Today and for the rest of the week on this post, I give you all the opportunity to ask your questions of your dreams. If I don’t respond immediately, know that I will. Here in Africa the internet is not always reliable. Before the end of the week I will post what I promised on visions.
There are no disappointments in life, only lessons learned!….Obara Meji
“All religions are valid as long as it teaches peace and love” – Obara Meji!
Tí orí kan bá sunwọ̀n á ran’gba. /
If one head (a person) is blessed, hundreds others will be positively affected….Yoruba Proverb!
[Success is contagious]
Obara Meji is a spiritualist, Ifa-Orisa practitioner, and teacher of metaphysics. Since 2011 she has used her online platform to share her personal experiences to those seeking answers about spirituality. Her teachings will expand into short stories, novels, and public speaking to continue her mission of bringing enlightenment to the world.