Water is the source of life. Without it we could not survive on this earth, without water there could be no earth.
Every living breathing thing needs water to survive, water is life. In my traditional practice of Ifa Orisha, in nature the deity/energy/Orisha owner/ruler of water (sweet waters specifically) is called Osun/Oshun. Osun is owner of rivers, streams, brooks and lakes. The Yoruba people say “water has no enemies,” who can be enemy with such a powerful source which we need? The amount of water in the human body ranges from 50-75%. Water is our most precious resource.
Water has many uses and if it is not present in spiritual practices many rituals or sacrifices cannot be performed. Spiritual healing is done with water and there are many people including myself who can read/divine with water. If you know how to use this precious resource correctly, spiritually your possibilities are endless.
Here are a few ways water can be used for healing:
- Add salt to water and use in a certain way and there is nothing that you cannot conquer.
- Add limes to water and use to clean your house to remove negative vibrations or use as a bath. Pray over water and wet your yard to calm down a quarrel which is happening or brewing.
- Place two glasses of water behind your door to catch negative energies from entering your home. Dump it daily and refresh it.
In Tarot, the traditional Suit of Cups is the suit of water. It is receptive, a vessel, and a symbol of the deep, primordial unconscious mind and womb. Water shows us the images, or imprint, of things. Emotions, feelings, and psychic knowledge are all represented by water in the Tarot tradition. Water flows and changes, and it carries away what it cleanses. Water is the great purifier. We wash away our sins, we cleanse our wounds, and our tears bring release.
- Place a container of water under your bed, where you lay your head to have clearer dreams or to remember you dreams. Use water and salt to sprinkle in your yard or your front door if you suspect some witch has thrown Juju there.
Water can be used to “teach you” or to open your eyes to clairvoyance/gift of sight/your third eye. How can you do this?
- A Glass of Water and Meditation – Get a new glass fill it with water and choose a time, preferably in the early mornings place the water in front of you. Center yourself with a prayer, sit in a comfortable position, have a book and pencil ready to write down anything you see and stare at the glass of water, clear your mind from everything while you do this. Try to do this the same time everyday, turn off the phones, make sure no one interrupts you for at least ten minutes per day, you can do it for longer if you believe you can manage it. If you practice this enough you will find yourself staring through the glass instead of at the glass, and you will eventually begin to see flashes of color, shapes of people, if you are more spiritually awake than you know you will begin to see things as if watching a video. Write down everything that you see,even if it makes no sense to you, it will in due time. In time you will begin to understand. If you give up after doing this after a month without seeing anything, then this is not for you, not because you did not see anything, but because you have no patience.
Water can cure and water can bless. Use it wisely folks! 😉
Bí ẹ̀mí bá wà, ìrètí ńbẹ. /
As long as there is life, there is hope. Yoruba Proverb!
[The best is yet to come; keep keeping on.]
Obara Meji is a spiritualist, Ifa-Orisa practitioner, and teacher of metaphysics. Since 2011 she has used her online platform to share her personal experiences to those seeking answers about spirituality. Her teachings will expand into short stories, novels, and public speaking to continue her mission of bringing enlightenment to the world.