Water is the source of life. Without water we could not survive on this earth, without water there would be no earth. Every living breathing thing needs water to survive, water is life. In our Traditional practice of Ifa Orisha In nature the deity/energy/Orisha owner/ruler of water, sweet water is called Osun/Oshun. Osun is owner of the sweet waters, the river, streams, brooks and lakes. The Yoruba people says “water has no enemies,” who can be enemy with such a powerful source which we need? The amount of water in the human body ranges from 50-75%. Water is our most precious resource. Water is vital to life. Humans, plants, and animals are made up of mostly water. All living things would die if it weren’t for water. We use water for drinking, washing, cleaning, cooking. Water has many uses, if water is not present in spiritual practices many rituals or sacrifices cannot be performed. Spiritual healing is done with water and may people including myself read/divine with water. If you know how to use water correctly, spiritually your possibilities are endless.
- Add salt to water and use in a certain way and there is nothing that you cannot conquer.
- Add limes to water and use to clean your house to remove negative vibrations or use as a bath. Pray over water and wet your yard to calm down a quarrel which is happening or brewing.
- Place two glasses of water behind your door to catch negative energies from entering your home. Dump it daily and refresh it.
In Tarot, the traditional Suit of Cups is the suit of water. It is receptive, a vessel, and a symbol of the deep, primordial unconscious mind and womb. Water shows us the images, or imprint, of things. Emotions, feelings, and psychic knowledge are all represented by water in the Tarot tradition. Water flows and changes, and it carries away what it cleanses. Water is the great purifier. We wash away our sins, we cleanse our wounds, and our tears bring release.
- Place a container of water under your bed, where you lay your head to have clearer dreams or to remember you dreams. Use water and salt to sprinkle in your yard or your front door if you suspect some witch has thrown Juju there.
- Water can be used to teach you or open your eyes to clairvoyance/gift of sight/your third eye. Just get a new glass fill it with water and choose a time, preferably in the early mornings place the water in front of you. Center yourself with a prayer, sit in a comfortable position, have a book and pencil ready to write down anything you see and stare at the glass of water, clear your mind from everything while you do this. Try to do this the same time everyday, turn off the phones, make sure no one interrupts you for at least ten minutes per day, you can do it for longer if you believe you can manage it. If you practice this enough you will find yourself staring through the glass instead of at the glass, and you will eventually begin to see flashes of color, shapes of people, if you are more spiritually awake than you know you will begin to see things as if watching a video. Write down everything that you see,even if it makes no sense to you, it will in due time. In time you will begin to understand. If you give up after doing this after a month without seeing anything, then this is not for you, not because you did not see anything, but because you have no patience. Water can cure and water can bless.
Bí ẹ̀mí bá wà, ìrètí ńbẹ. /
As long as there is life, there is hope. Yoruba Proverb!
[The best is yet to come; keep keeping on.]