A few nights ago while the night darkened and I did my nightly habits before going to bed; such as making sure the kitchen was clean, straightening up the house, washing my face and moisturizing, putting up the cows in the barn, injecting the horses, leaving out food for the night bats, giving the lawn one last mow, fluffing the news paper the chickens were sleeping on, leaving out the night lights and snacks for the aliens who visits nightly and more, I noticed a tightness in the air.
Although I was tired, I had a feeling of being tense and alert, and I could not figure out where this feeling was coming from. After brushing grandma’s dentures and setting them out to dry, I climbed the stairs to my room and went to shower. While in the shower, I felt my mind drift, but on what I was not certain. Somehow I felt slightly detached from my body, almost as if I had stepped outside of me, watching me stand under the shower, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion, except my mind.
I got out of the shower, dressed, fluffed my pillow and turned on the TV to watch my favourite show from times past, The Golden Girls. They put me to bed every night. The windows of my bedroom are bare, I never liked curtains, and out in the night the sky was lit up with brilliant stars, along with a very bright moon and some street lights. The light they loaned to my room was just enough illumination to put me to bed along with the cool African night breeze that blew through my windows. Yet, there was something wrong.
I should be enjoying the ambiance set up for me in my room by nature and NEPA (Nigerian Light company) but I couldn’t. The tightness and the uneasy feeling was there and on top of everything, the dogs began to bark and howl. My daughter went down stairs to see to the puppies, but one of them especially is very spiritual and becomes alert to any non-physical energy, or if anyone comes to my house with bad energy the Lhasa begins to bark at the person and growl. But they often bark, so we didn’t think much of this at first. My daughter then came to my room to check on me, it was after 1AM.
She had said she couldn’t sleep and wanted to be sure I was okay. While we spoke, she would look outside the window often. There was nothing there that the eye could see, but I could tell she felt uneasy. There was another person in the house, and he found himself getting up every minute. He checked the doors, ate, took a shower. He was restless. This behavior between everyone continued throughout the night. Sleep. Wake up. Sleep. Wake up. Wander. At this moment, I knew that some bad energy were around, and these were not waywards, they were here because they were sent.
They knew that I knew they were around and so spiritually they challenged me to do something about it. I decided to ignore them, I wanted to see why they had come. I had already figured out who sent them, but I wanted to know what these ones were up to. Fear is the last thing you want to exhibit when bad energy comes around, why? Because fear gives them power and that is not what you want them to have more of.
A bad energy is a bad spirit, malevolent beings. They walk among us in this earth realm. They are always here. A car accident is not always “just an accident“. Often times there are beings who need blood and will create the accident, just by them being in that place (the road) at that time. This usually happens if at the spot where the accident happened or near where blood was spilled before, whether from an accident, murder or mass murder or even where the road was constructed, before it was constructed.
Possibly in times gone by, the place where the accident occurred was an area where occultism was practiced or a malevolent being may have been unleashed there and from time to time he will demand or take a life, the possibilities are endless. Also there are people who choose to go at that very spot they died, but this is for another post (if you all can handle it). Malevolent beings can also be conjured and sent into action. When this happens it is called Juju, Obeah, Voodoo, Witchcraft or whatever you may know it as. This is manipulation of energy and something I will be teaching more extensively in the obeah course.Malevolent beings can also be conjured and sent into action. When this happens it is called Juju, Obeah, Voodoo, Witchcraft or whatever you may know it as. This is manipulation of energy Click To Tweet
16 Ways to Know When Bad Energy Has Entered Your Home:
- Be aware of sudden arguments that comes out of no where in your home, even if it comes through the telephone or through the internet.
- Be aware of your feeling. If you suddenly become fearful, sad, worried, anxious (anxiety and panic attacks are a huge sign of not only malevolent energy but also benevolent ones. It is a vibrational shift that occurs and the frequency of whatever comes around is not aligned with your own, so this creates a nervousness within the human) or panicky. Or clammy skin, or heart palpitations.
- Pay attention to your animals and how they act. If they start barking or acting crazy (if they are not dogs), or dropping dead, something is not correct. I had three birds drop dead within days of each other. The rest flew away, I guess from fright, all animals fraid ah duppy tuh.
- Foul Odours – If a bad smell suddenly rises in the house, like dead flesh, this is also a sign. The stench will often be a potent sudden smell that clearly has no source.
- An unsettling feeling –Something is bothering you but you just cannot understand what it is. Do not dismiss your gut feeling!
- There is tension in the house – Suddenly everyone has got an attitude and for no reason
- Everything begins to break or food begins to spill (These are when your own spirits are trying to alert you that something is wrong).
- Sleep Paralysis or tossing and turning while you sleep, you cannot sleep or when you do, you experience nightmares.
- The hooting of owls, the cats meow, or crying (it does not have to be your cat, but if you hear animals crying unusually, this can be a sign that things are around that should not be).
- The house or yard seems darker than usual, even if it’s only you who sees it, most often not everyone is connected or present enough to recognize certain unusual things. If you do, this mean that you are spiritually awake, or a little psychic somewhat.
- Sudden Headaches – Headaches are a huge sign that energy has shifted, pay attention to this. Also sudden toothaches where there are no cavities, or any kind of ill feeling.
- Extreme drowsiness – This one is particularly important to note because often times these energies will force you to sleep. The reason for this is because it is easiest to “attack” during this period. When this happens, it means you are very strong and they can not attack you while you are awake, or the obeah/witchcraft must be ingested in your sleeping state.
- Sudden stammering, stumbling over your words (which is unlike you), confusion, forgetfulness. The blow has struck.
- Become either too hot or too cold – Sudden temperature shift.
- Too much confusion in the house, or all the street lights blow out.
- You go to sleep and see yourself fighting. Seeing yourself fighting in the dream speaks volumes of what is going on in your life, (Oladayo will expound on this).
- Unusual sounds in the house that you know nobody else is making. Yes, almost every house has their live in house duppies (house Ghosts) whether you know it or not, oh to hell with it, every house has the resident ghost live in, sets of families, but most often they know their place, unless you live in Long Island (a place I will never live). Creeking doors, things thudding or buffing out of the ordinary.
As Buju Banton says “I could go on and on, the full has never been told”.
In some relationships, the man or the woman will discount the other’s feeling of dread or danger, telling them “it’s their mind.” I am not teaching you to be paranoid, I want you to be aware and present. There are things you can do that will remove that energy from your space, often times if they are sent, then before anything festers to (mash up yuh life) destroy your life or prosperity, cause illness or whatever it came for, you would have been alert that something strange occurred such time, and for the wise will seek help from competent people to find out if all is well or should they be concerned.
The signs are many, but these are a few basic ones I decided to list for you today, as I have stated before this will also be apart of the classes coming up, but are much too deep to share on the internet and in one post.
Never allow anything you did not invite into your home to stay. Just as how you would not allow a stranger to come into your home uninvited, this is how you must treat malevolent energies.
Most often also they are wayward spirits, those who have died but are earthbound. Some are just curious, they are like homeless people with no where to go, so they will come and create havoc in your homes. These are not hard to get rid of read this post and this post, but then there comes those like the ones that came to my home the other night, the fighters, the destroyers. These ones were paid to come at me, and regardless of who I am, they came to challenge, but because I am who I am, and I am always present (ok not always, but I try), I picked up on them and we battled it out for a few days.
The smoke has not cleared up as yet, but then again my enemies are obeah men and women, people who practice the art themselves. It is a nuisance to me to battle witchcraft all the time like Mortal Kombat, but a boxer always has to train to stay in shape, so I will look at it like that and see the adversaries as my trainers. Lots more to discuss, but I will see you all in class!
Obara Meji is a spiritualist, Ifa-Orisa practitioner, and teacher of metaphysics. Since 2011 she has used her online platform to share her personal experiences to those seeking answers about spirituality. Her teachings will expand into short stories, novels, and public speaking to continue her mission of bringing enlightenment to the world.