Diet is a necessity, and I can assure you that you will not develop satisfactorily (spiritually), if you eat too much meat as it causes heat and inharmony in the blood, disturbs the system, generating an irritating condition and causes the people who eat it to give off a coarse red aura or astral force, which I will explain later, entirely opposed to all conditions essential to spirit sight. Advice on Diet
Eat what agrees with you, and as far as possible stick to fixed meal hours. Note, it is not the quantity you eat that does you good, but the amount you digest. To secure perfect digest masticate your food thoroughly. See that you get the taste of what you eat; you will do this if you masticate properly.
Mastication serves another useful purpose besides that of preparing the food for digestion. It informs you when you have had enough. You will soon note this if you masticate properly. You will probably find that you will not want to eat nearly so much as you are accustomed to eat; you will feel you have had enough to satisfy your needs. To sum up, eating right is a very simple matter and consists of:
1. Don’t eat until ‘good and hungry’
2. Don’t eat when angry, worried, or when you cannot enjoy your food
3. Chew all solid food until it swallows itself
4. Get all the taste out of liquid of mushy food by sucking or sipping
5. Stop eating when the appetite begins to say ‘enough’
6. You will lose weight at first, even if you are thin to start with, but in a little time you will find your normal weight and stop
7. Don’t think about the number of chews or sips, but only the enjoyment of the taste
8. Don’t imagine that meat is necessary to strength. No-meat meals is better strength and endurance results
9. Remember that a week or two weeks, of careful attention to learning how to eat, as above will put you in the habit of it so that you will not have to trouble yourself about it for awhile
- Remember that dietetic righteousness means less expense and more solid enjoyment of the food; and also, that it makes it easier to be righteous in other ways
These are ten (10) good commandments of right eating and unless you respect them, you are a dietetic sinner, and do not know what is good for you. (From: The Mystic Textbook and also from The Master Key by L.W. DeLaurence)
Obara Meji is a spiritualist, Ifa-Orisa practitioner, and teacher of metaphysics. Since 2011 she has used her online platform to share her personal experiences to those seeking answers about spirituality. Her teachings will expand into short stories, novels, and public speaking to continue her mission of bringing enlightenment to the world.